The TEPSLF was established for public service employees who had the correct loans, Direct loans, but were making a payment under a non-income driven plan – such as Extended, a 20-30 yr Standard, Graduated etc. They key is you have to apply for PSLF, be denied, and then submit a second request to the TEPSLF as follows:
TEPSLF forgives debt for borrowers who meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 10 years of full-time work experience for a qualifying non-profit or government employer
- Had Direct federal student loans during this entire employment period
- The most recent payment , as well as the payment 12 months prior, must have been at least what you would’ve paid under an income-driven plan.
- You must apply for PSLF, get denied, the send an email to TEPSLF@myfedloan.orgsaying you believe you qualify.
The email should be simple to the point:
- To: TEPSLF@myfedloan.org
- Subject: TEPSLF request
- I request that ED reconsider my eligibility for public service loan forgiveness.
- Name: [Enter the same name under which you submitted your PSLF application]
- Date of Birth: [Enter your date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format]