Today, we appeared on ParentPumpRadio as a guest discussing Breaking the Stigma of High Student Debt.
Different topics were discussed such as the old view vs the new view on picking colleges, paying for school, choosing loans etc. If you are a parent or student thinking about college, be sure to listen before making key decisions that could affect you for the rest of your lives.
- How to avoid high student loan debt when attending school
- Look at college as an investment
- How to minimize expenses
- Benefits of community college
- Planning for student loans
- Planning for college
- Gap year or two to figure out what you want to do
- The College Scorecard – real graduation rates, retention rates, salary ranges
- Federal eligibility
- Federal loans versus private loans
- Work-study, internships and externships
- Planning for forgiveness plans
Proper planning can avoid high student loan debt and help ensure success as a student and financial success later in life.
Department of Education resource to help evaluate colleges: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/.
Free e-book “How to Take Your Life Back From Your Student Loans” at https://www.christiearkovich.com/free-ebook-download.html