Free course available on April 7, 2021 at 4:00 EST by Student Loan Attorney Christie Arkovich.
Everyone is asking what they can expect from a Biden administration’s student loan relief. In this course, you will learn about the CARES Act and its extensions, including COVID-19 forbearance; interest waiver for direct loans; rules for ongoing collections; and other nuances of these new federal laws protecting borrowers during COVID-19. We will also discuss the tax forgiveness waiver for all student loans provided by the stimulus bill and anticipated forgiveness in future bills. Traps for the unwary will be identified, and solutions will be provided by a nationally known student loan attorney.
- Identify the protections and limitations provided by the CARES Act and its extensions
- Differentiate between older FFEL loans versus newer direct loans and how to cope with each
- Recognize how to best take advantage of the COVID-19 forbearance period for the future
- Identify opportunities in a COVID-19 environment to discharge student loan debt via bankruptcy or disability
- List tips to lower payments when forbearances end
Register here: https://www.cpaacademy.org/webinars/a0D2S00000puV4rUAE